C&S Machine has an established, documented, and implemented Quality Management System. With C&S Machine you will never need to “inspect in” quality. We offer customers a company wide, world class Quality Management System (QMS), which is based on lean manufacturing principles. In each of our facilities, we strive for process standardization, zero customer disturbances, and waste reduction.
At C&S Machine our QMS is comprised of three interconnected areas:
Quality Control (QC), involves planned inspections during and after production to ensure that parts are manufactured according to customer specifications.
Quality Assurance (QA), is a process-driven approach that ensures our entire system can meet customer requirements at the highest standard. QA involves internal and third-party audits, including those required for ISO certification.
Quality Improvement (QI), is a continuous, company-wide effort that involves many strategies for improving quality and efficiency.
C &S Machine complies with ISO, AS Nadcap and FDA regulations in an effort to maintain a quality system that produces quality parts through the use of controlled processes. Many people view Quality Control as an elaborate system of inspection to the domain of a few specialists. This is not the case at C&S Machine Everyone producing parts is involved in Quality Control. The economic production of parts and assemblies must be based on defect prevention rather than defect detection. This philosophy combined with process control, trained personnel, and a comprehensive Quality Management System is what makes C&S Machine, a QUALITY company.
Quality Improvement Strategies
- Area improvement teams
- Continuous improvement
- Corrective and preventative action (CAPA)
- Engineering change review (ECN)
- Error-proofing (active and passive)
- Gauge control
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Operation control plans / statistical sampling
- Process capability studies (CP, CPK, PP, PPK)
- Process failure mode and effects analysis (PFMEA)
- Production part approval process (PPAP) / first article Inspection (FAI)
- Process verification and validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Risk analysis
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Third-party material testing and validation
- Total preventative maintenance
- Team charters
- Workforce empowerment
- Kaizen events
C&S Machine manufacturers medical components to customer specifications in compliance with FDA regulations and ISO 9001 and ISO 13485. We offer validated manufacturing processes for processes that cannot be fully verified by subsequent inspection and test.
C&S Machine is also certified to Nadcap process AC 7116 & AC7116/3 for Wire and Sinker Electrical Discharge Machining (E.D.M.).
Continual improvements are made to the system to ensure its effectiveness within the requirements of the international ISO 9001/AS 9100 standards.
- AS9100/ISO 9001
- ISO 13485
- Nadcap - Non-conventional Machining AC 7116/AC7116/3
- Scope of Accreditation - Non-conventional Machining AC 7116/AC 7116/3
- Nadcap - Chemical Processing AC7108/AC71084/AC710813
- Scope of Accreditation - Chemical Processing AC7108/AC71084/AC710813
Purchase order terms and conditions
- CSCD 408 - C&S Machine Products Terms and Conditions
- CSCD 422 - Supplement 1 to CSCD 408 - FAR
- CSCD 423 - Supplement 2 to CSCD 408 - DFAR
- CSCD 424 - Supplement 3 to CSCD 408