C&S Machine is a contract manufacturer specializing in ultra-precision complex components for the Aerospace, Commercial, Defense, Medical, Power Generation and Small Arms Industries. Since our inception in 1966, we have been manufacturing some of the most difficult parts for the world’s most demanding industries. This includes specialializing in CNC tuning, 5-axis milling, grinding, EDM, honing, lapping, laser marking, testing, and cleaning. Our team is growing and we are in need of excited, qualified employees who are ready to be apart of a thriving, strong team environment!
C&S is looking for a Applications Engineer / Programmer to join our team! The Applications Engineer / Programmer is responsible for creating and maintaining the CNC programming in the Swiss, Lathe, Grind and Mill Departments as well as for assisting with the troubleshooting process on machine problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for creating and reviewing numerical control programs for the machining of parts utilizing software for revision of existing CNC programs as necessary.
- Support development and fabrication of machines parts, tools, tooling and machine fixtures by the creation of programs to meet customer and internal models, drawings, and specifications.
- Create/Write programming – programs applicable to develop/update machining part programs to accurately machine components per CAD models, drawings, and specifications.
- Interface with operators, engineers, managers, and manufacturing supervisors to develop an effective manufacturing approach.
- Ensure/Verify machining programs – to ensure compliance to drawing and specification requirements.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine work pieces into desired shapes.
- Revise programs to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
- Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
- Determine reference points, machine cutting paths and compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures.
- Communicate complex issues to management and peers clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Train new CNC Operators on current machines to be able to setup and operate:
- Programming PP
- Programming Troubleshooting / Optimize all machine programs.
- Set-up Documentation
- Programming Imp
- Kit creation / Package delivery staging
- Order tooling / quotes; ensure perishable tooling available: Meet with tool salesmen
- New process definition prove out
- New job review
- Meet with tool salesmen
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with exceptional accuracy and punctuality. Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Must be able to handle stress and conflict while keeping a good attitude.
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, production personnel, department supervisors, engineering, and upper level management.
Must possess excellent math skills that would be fully applicable to any possible business or manufacturing situation. Ideally the individual should be familiar with: General Math (all aspects).
Must possess the ability to think abstractly, to reason, to solve problems, and a strong capability to acquire new knowledge. Highly analytical mind and a strong business acumen directed toward a commitment to optimization and efficiency.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to develop strong working relationships
Good organizational skills
Industry based experienced preferred
Ability to maintain program time schedules
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time. The employee may also be required to take frequent walks throughout the shop, any time of the day. The employee may be required to drive for extended periods of time traveling to customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&S is family-owned company that has been thriving since 1966. We value the individual success and fulfillment of our employees. C&S offers an exceptional benefits package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k Company Match Program, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB