C&S Machine is looking for a Kitter to support our production team. The Kitter is responsible for the staging of materials and tooling in pre-production kits and will ensure optimal kitting practices. High level 5S and organizational skills will be crucial for the success in this role.
We are an entrepreneurial organization that has grown incrementally over the past 5 decades and is now experiencing significant growth and expansion. We collaborate with leading aerospace and defense companies, to solve their toughest application needs and improve their bottom line. We recognize change is constant and encourage our people to search for better solutions.
C&S Machine is a family owned, professionally run contract manufacturer that has been a leader in the industry since 1966. C&S is dedicated to inspiring people, building great teams, and delivering extraordinary results. We’re growing and are looking for people who share this same dedication, who take pride in the work they do, who collaborate with their teammates, and who aspire to get better every day. We reward that dedication with:
- Generous bonus structure
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 80% company-paid healthcare benefits
- 401(k) company match
- Work/life balance
- Clean, safe work environment
- State-of-the-art technology, equipment, and facility
We have a deep desire to engage, empower and provide opportunity for employees at all levels in the organization and strongly promote work/life balance, and life-long learning and development. We enjoy a family oriented, people focused culture that has been a key factor in positioning our organization for the opportunities we now have today. Below are the duties and responsibilities for the Kitter position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- All jobs fully kitted prior to the start of setting up production work. Communicate and work with Planning & Scheduling
- Manager, Manufacturing Manager and Cell Expert Leads.
- Work with Cell Expert Leads and Manufacturing Manager to determine if a perpetual kit is needed for the job.
- Once kit is created, review kit for finalization with Cell Expert Leads and Manufacturing Manager.
- Refer to kitting documentation in IQS for specific cells.
- Verify all perishables are collected and there is enough for the job. Signal order if needed.
- Verify all documentation (traveler and set-up sheet) are ready and up to date.
- Verify that material and any secondary support equipment are available for set-up.
- Physically collect all perishables and organize kit for delivery.
- Accurately preset all tooling into holders to be placed directly into machine.
- Clean and put used tooling away from torn out set-ups.
- Update set-up sheets for changes per Cell Expert Lead instructions (frees up high level peoples time and keeps them making parts).
- Available to run misc. plant errands on behalf of production team members, i.e. management track down, cross departmental document / part / information movement needed by the production floor.
- Fill coolant as needed.
- Assist warehouse personnel with kit and component related materials as needed.
Working background of machining experience.
Able to use gauging and tooling such as indicating micrometers, test indicators, gauge blocks, and in depths.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.APPLY FOR THIS JOB