Exciting opportunity to join an industry leader and best in class employer as the Director of Engineering and Quality with C and S Machine. This position reports directly to the President and serves as an organizational leader.
WHO ARE WE:
We are an entrepreneurial organization that has grown incrementally over the past 5 decades and is now experiencing significant growth and expansion. We collaborate with leading aerospace and defense companies, to solve their toughest application needs and improve their bottom line. We recognize change is constant and encourage our people to search for better solutions.
We have a deep desire to engage, empower and provide opportunity for employees at all levels in the organization and strongly promotes work/ life balance, and life long learning and development. We enjoy a family oriented, people focused culture that has been a key factor in positioning our organization for the opportunities we now have today.
The Director of Engineering & Quality is responsible for managing all aspects of engineering in a manufacturing setting; including responsibility for the quality team and R & D activity. Delivers a consistent method of Engineering Project Management across the group to ensure consistent execution resulting in output while retaining quality. This role provides strategic oversight to the entirety of the R &D, Engineering & Quality operation with ownership of process improvement initiatives to improve safety, quality, cost, and productivity within the operation.
The Director of Engineering & Quality is a collaborative leader position, responsible for seeing the big picture of the operation but also knowing the detail of the day-to-day operation.
• Lead two teams (engineering and quality) of experienced professionals
• Daily interaction with a robust team of manufacturing experts
• Manage all aspects of engineering and quality in a manufacturing plant
• Own continuous improvement efforts of engineering operation through Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
•Ensuring proper project setup, work package completion, and on time execution of projects according to the project schedule by leading project managers and teams
• Develop and implement career path for Engineering and Quality team members.
• Leading the overall engineering process definition and ensuring compliance by implementing varying layers of quality controls on an organizational and project level to ensure high quality output (i.e. project reviews, third party work package reviews, etc).
* Oversee’s third party suppliers relationship and ensures top quality partnership in processes with one another.
• Gathering and analyzing engineering & quality metrics, defining actions and driving closure
• Monitor and ensure the quality of work products generated by the teams.
* Improvements to the engineering & quality operation
* Relationships with floor personnel, and internal leadership
* Positive attitude and high-energy can do approach
* Aerospace and / or Medical Industry Experience required
* Strong leadership and management skills preferred, program management experience encompassing an entire development cycle on at least one major program
* Demonstrated ability to drive change and continuous improvemen
* Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of Engineering Leadership Experience
* High-energy, collaborative leadership style
C&S is family-owned company that has been thriving since 1966. We value the individual success and fulfillment of our employees. C&S offers an exceptional benefits package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k Company Match Program, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.APPLY FOR THIS JOB