Learn, Grow, and Thrive at C&S
Start your career and build your skillsets through our Apprenticeship and Co-op Programs
One of the key factors to C&S Machine’s success is the growth and development of our employees. That’s where our Apprenticeship Program, which is certified through the Michigan Department of Labor, comes in.
What is an apprenticeship?
It’s a training program that helps employees develop valuable skills for long-lasting careers.
What you get out of the program:
- Hands-on training with experts
- Competitive pay
- Education with credentials, including Journeyman certification
- Opportunities to advance your career
How it works at C&S:
- Interested candidates apply once a year to the program
- A committee of peers selects those whose current level of experience matches their drive and readiness for the program
- Those that fit the criteria attend classes at Lake Michigan College, all financed by C&S
- Each apprentice pairs with a mentor who successfully completed this program and serves as a role model for turning experience into continued growth
- Be a current C&S employee
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
At C&S Machine, we’re always doing our part to shape the future of our industry. Our Co-op Program is one way we bring this to life.
Who the program is for:
High school students interested in machining.
Employees who want to serve as mentors.
How the program works:
In partnership with area high schools, C&S connects with students interested in industry careers
After students interview at C&S, those who are a good fit are employed part-time with a schedule that works around their schooling
Students learn problem-solving, gain hands-on experience, and develop skills for today’s job market
Participation could lead to potential C&S employment after graduation and serves as a building block for our Apprenticeship Program